Mysterious messages

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Oct 26 22:32:11 UTC 2000

Zone transfers don't use Dynamic Update, so just because one works doesn't
mean the other will.

YXRRSET is only informational and doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. It
just means that one or more prerequisites for a Dynamic Update were not met.

REFUSED probably just means that an update attempt was made for a zone that
is not Dynamic Update-enabled.

- Kevin