Problems with NDC

Tom Hinze hinze at lutsen.ties.k12.mn.us
Tue Oct 3 22:03:12 UTC 2000

I downloaded, compiled and installed bind 8.2.2.5. The server seems to run fine
but when I try using ndc I get errors like this:

# ./ndc reload
ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): Socket operation on non-socket
ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/usr/local/etc/ndc)
# ./ndc
Type   help  -or-   /h   if you need help.
ndc> help
ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): Socket operation on non-socket
ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/usr/local/etc/ndc)

The platform is SUN Ultra5 running Solaris 2.7. Does anyone have any ideas
what the problem may be?

TIA

Tom

Tom Hinze				<hinze at ties.k12.mn.us>