SV: Sendmail works but SMNT doesn' recognize the recipient ! Can somebody give me a hint, please ?

Ron Hall thorn at cc.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 3 15:12:33 UTC 2000

> No. No. No.
>
> The days of editing .cf by hand are over. The days of the existence
> of .cw are over.
>
> He should either:
>
> 1. edit sendmail.mc to have it add the cW lines to reflect the change, or
> 2. add "FEATURE(use_cw_file)" to his .mc and edit
> /etc/mail/local-host-names to include that domain
>
> I recognize that sendmail confs are mildly off-topic, but giving out
> advice that "went bad" about 5 years ago is equally off-topic. :(

	Learn M4 you will be infinitely less exasperated.

	Having recently retuened to managing sendmail (yes I have avoided
	it for almost 9 years :) ) I decided that I would NOT patch by
	hand and would build everything in M4.

	I still don't get the sendmail rewriting correct all the time
	but the bits are much easier to maintain.

Who:    Ron Hall   - + 1 514 398 3718  (thorn at tripod.net)
What:   iUnix-Guy, Web-slogger, wizard, casual hero & part-time bartender
When:   Some out-of-the-way corner of Time&Space where they serve coffee
Where:  Same as above only I'm more grounded
Why:    After all is said and done, why not?
Wote:   "We who are about to fry, saute you!"