Changing server IP address

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Oct 2 15:29:28 UTC 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 10:43:55PM +0000, slowthinker at hotmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Kevin for the help. Is changing of host-record in root servers
> fairly uncommon? I had to argue a lot with register.com (our
> domain registrar) before they were convinced that they need to do this.

I have never worksed with a root server, but ISTM that it would not be
a rare event.  People do change their name servers.  (I will be changing
one this week.)

Yet another of the "burn-in" problems for the inexperienced registrars.
Not that the "experienced" ones have been perfect lately, either.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B