Please, if you can help..

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Nov 21 00:53:33 UTC 2000

When you say "redirect" do you mean the name actually changes in your browser
window? If so, then this has nothing to do with DNS. The miraboo.com webserver is
issuing an HTTP redirect of miraboo.com URL's to www.miramat.com. Check the
URL redirection part of its configuration.

You *do* have an error in the miraboo.com zone file though: the name
"miraboo.com" *cannot* own a CNAME record as well as an SOA, A, an MX and 2
NS records. You must delete the illegal CNAME. After that, you need to decide
whether to a) leave only the 209.204.28.46 A record owned by "miraboo.com",
b) *change* the A record to point to 207.171.3.33 (which is what
www.miraboomusic.com resolves to when I query it), or c) *add* a 207.171.3.33
A record, in which case the multiple A records will cause the responses to be
"round-robin"ed between the two addresses, spreading the load between the
webservers.

(Hopefully you understand that "@" just stands for the name of the domain itself;
that's how I came up with my total count of 5 records owned by "miraboo.com"
besides the CNAME. As a matter of fact, since all of the legal records owned by
"miraboo.com" are contiguous in the zonefile, you could have just used "@" for
the first one and whitespace for the others -- IMO this would have made your
zonefile more readable. The same style recommendation applies to the miramat.com
zone file, but in that case requires some rearrangement).

- Kevin