your mail

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Mon Nov 20 00:57:23 UTC 2000

> My question:  Is it typical behavior that Windows clients are not listing=
>  the
> caching only server as thier DNS server?  If not, what could be causing t=
> his
> problem?

No, this is not typical behaviour.  I would inspect your dhcpd.conf file
to insure you are indeed sending what you think you are sending.  Windows
clients have no concept of whether your server is a caching only server or
any other type of server.  If they are not picking up the options you are
sending, then they either have hard coded values in their TCP/IP
properties, or your dhcp server configuration is faulty.

-Tim