Recommended Patch

Yu Kobayashi koba at isl.hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Wed Nov 15 11:03:48 UTC 2000

  Hello.

  Yesterday I asked about the version of BIND we're using in
this Mailing List. But still I can't figure out the version
of BIND... All we know is that the version of BIND we're
using is very old.
  As some people replied to me that I need to upgrade to
a newer version, I think I should upgrade to 8.2.2-P7.

  I read a Solaris book and it mentioned that we need the
newest Recommended Patches provided by Sun Microsystems.
I saw their homepage and saw several kinds of patches. But
I have no idea of which patch (or patches) I need to install
before actually installing BIND. I have seen patches like
108987, 2.6_Recommended, and so on. So here is a question.

  Which patch or patches should I install?

  Oh, once again our operating system is SunOS Release
4.1.4-JLE1.1.4.

  I will appreciate your help.

--
 Yu Kobayashi