selective query logging

Rob Bos rbos at tech.wizard.ca
Tue Nov 14 23:17:13 UTC 2000

Been beating my head against a minor problem for a week or so now, haven't
found anything that looks relevant in the BIND mailing lists.

Is it possible to selectively log name queries for domains that I am not
authoritative for?  i.e, a request for slashdot.org gets logged, but a request
for mydomain.foo doesn't.

The purpose is to clean up log files, primarily, and given the number of
domains we host, it's impractical to do a string of grep -e -v -v -v's on the
command line.

A problem like this isn't really important enough to go to the length of hacking
BIND source, and I don't have the skills anyhow, but it would be nice to know
if the facility to do this cleanly exists.

-Rob

--
Rob Bos, rbos at wizard.ca.

Any correlations between my opinions and those of my employer are strictly
coincidental.