A question about DNS.

Casey Lee casey at tulane.edu
Mon Nov 13 17:34:09 UTC 2000

My current dns server (master) is a version of 8.2.2-REL and it is on FreeBSD machine. I have just built up a redhat7.0 O/S in a new Linux machine with BIND  8.2.2-P5.

My question is can I move the dns master server by just transfer all the files (changing some parameters too), i.e., host.conf, resolv.conf, named.conf, /etc/named directory over to this new redhat7.0 O/S machine and restart named. Will this dns master work then?

I am new with BIND, any help on this question will help me to progress a lot.

Thank you.