Multiple virtual sites on one IP address

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Nov 11 01:11:59 UTC 2000

		You set up BIND to own the domains, each in its own zone and have
  the address that you want to use in the URL's point to the same IP Address
  in the zone file.

		You then go to the MMC and create the virtual Web site.  HTTP clients
  which support the HTTP 1.1 RFC's then send the host header which includes
  the name of the host domain in the HTTP header.  IIS 4.0 and later are
able to
  interpret the host header and direct the request to the right virtual Web
site.

		Danny