Setting up secondary DNS please help me ..

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Nov 4 03:37:57 UTC 2000

	If you are using BIND 4 it won't work.  The conf file you posted is for
BIND 8.
  You should be using BIND 8 anyway otherwise you would need to upgrade.
   I have posted my BIND 8.2.3-T6B-NT2 (Len should make NT3 available shortly)
   for NT 4.0 and Win2K at the following URL:

http://bind8nt.meiway.com/download.cfm

   You'll find my kits near the bottom of the page.  Don't use the 8.2.2-P5
on NT as
  there were quite a few bugs that I have fixed in the 8.2.3-T6B-NT* kits.
See Len's
  Bugs page for a sample of the problems with that earlier release.

			Danny

At 12:32 PM 11/3/00 +0800, Sundar wrote:
>Hello All,
>                I am very new to this mailing list as well as networking .
>
>                I am setting up a secondary DNS server .Below is my
named.conf file .
>When I reload the ndc it is grabbing only the db.mmzone info which is in
named.conf .But I need to grab all the bind files in the bind directory .My
primary DNS server is using NT Server using bind-4 .For the cofiguration I
need to mention the host name or domain name + host name .