DNS and Apache - emergengy question !

Daniel Pope daniel-p at direct.ca
Wed Nov 1 20:46:49 UTC 2000

Hello,
Three months ago, I setup on my dedicated server (with the help of the people from this list) my DNS in Linux and after I setup the Apache server (even with virtual hosting).
My ISP reset twice my dedicated server and I had no problem to restart the apache server.
Today, I'm getting any time when I try to restart the Apache server  the following message error, even if I got rid of all the virtual hosts:

 ADDRESS ALREADY IN USE: make_sock : Cannot bind to port 80.

and the Apache server is unable to restart.
I am in a critical situation (my site is down)  and any help would  be greatly appreciated !!

Thank you in advance !!!