Setup Local DNS server

vtll vtll3 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 01:24:47 UTC 2000

Hi all,

I need to setup a local DNS server.
I've downloaded dhcp-ddns-3.0b1pl17-1.i386.rpm, bind-8.2.2_P5-9.i386.rpm, caching-nameserver-6.2-2.noarch.rpm and installed them.
My gateway is 192.168.1.1 (pc1) and the clients connected thru the hub to my gateway are 192.168.1.2 (pc2) and so on.
My gateway is acting as a dhcp server. When my clients tried to get an ip addr from the gateway, I would like the caching name server to be updated with the hostname and ip addr of the clients. The caching name server will also need to have a copy of my gateway's ip addr linked to it's host name 'pc1'. May I know what are the exact configuration required? I've tried setting up for the past week but failed. Please help.