Named attack on Linux: Paper

Lance Spitzner lspitz at enteract.com
Sun May 21 23:34:27 UTC 2000

I've completed a whitepaper that I feel memebers of
this group may be interested in.  The paper is
intended for the secuity community, but focuses on
a extremelly common named attack.

Know Your Enemy: A Forensics Analysis
This paper is a continuation of the Know Your Enemy series. The first three papers covered the tools and tactics of the black-hat community.  This paper, the fourth of the series, studies step by step a successful named attack of a system.   However, inst
ead of focusing on the tools and tactics used, we will focus on how we learned what happened and pieced the information together.  The purpose is to give you the forensic skills necessary to analyze and learn on your own the threats your organization face
s.

http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/forensics

Hope it helps :)

Lance Spitzner