nlookup

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon May 22 14:39:39 UTC 2000

In article <004b01bfc370$bf039620$5e3623d4 at natas>,
Mike Alexander Sauvain <msauvain at EDV-Support.ch> wrote:
>May 22 10:10:36 dbase named[2589]: sysquery: nlookup error on ?
>
>any body knows what its mean ?

I think it means your server is having trouble looking up the address of a
root server.  Are you behind a firewall?  If so, you may need to configure
the "query-source" option (if you started with a sample named.conf file,
it's probably commented out).

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA