TXT records and nslookup

Martin Skjöldebrand chimbis at skjoldebrand.org
Sun May 7 05:12:52 UTC 2000

I at home completing the files for our DNS server.
I thought it would be neat to document the DNS setup by using
TXT records, but noticed UUnet didn't use them when they keep
our DNS.

Using nslookup is it possible to extract the TXT information?
I wouldn't like to put "NT 4 database server" in  a TXT record
if that's readable over the net. (Yes, you may call me paranoid).

As I said, I haven't tried this yet as I am home, so any comments
as to wether TXT records are available through nslookup queries
are appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin S.