Granitecanyon issue or Mine?? no NS RRs found at zone top unapproved AXFR

Brent2u at aol.com Brent2u at aol.com
Sat May 6 23:21:55 UTC 2000

master zone "sincorp.com" (IN) rejected due to errors (serial 157212293)
master zone "sincorp.com" (IN) removed
no NS RRs found at zone top
unapproved AXFR from [63.193.74.170].2952 for "sincorp.com" (not
authoritative)
unapproved AXFR from [63.193.74.170].2962 for "sincorp.com" (not
authoritative)

What does it MEAN!?!? *argh*  (please read the following, first)

Myself and a friend of mine have been trying to figure out WHAT THE HECK has
gone wrong with my record.  We got it working fine early April, two weeks
later DNS stopped pointing for my domain.   I simply saved and re-sent the
record, and it worked for another couple of weeks, and then got lost April
28th or so.  This time I cannot get it to take at all....   I also had my ISP
(PacBell)  make sure that they performed reverse delegation yesterday, so
that GraniteCanyon could run my zone.

Here's a copy of my record
; Name Servers

sincorp.com.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
sincorp.com.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

; multiple RP records authorize others to submit zone changes
; from the email address in the first field after the RP
; This email address is in DNS-email format. That is,
; the '@' (at-sign) is replaced by '.' (dot or period.)

sincorp.com.  IN  RP brent2u.aol.com. brent2u.sincorp.com.

brent2u.sincorp.com.    IN  TXT "Ridley, Brent,    NIC handle: BR2653"

; addresses for the canonical names
; Many emailers expect the name localhost to exist
; in a domain with this specific, reserved address.
; 127/8 or 127/255.0.0.0 is the address of LOOPBACK-NET
; 127.0.0.1 is reserved to mean this host on the LOOPBACK-NET

localhost.sincorp.com.   IN  A  127.0.0.1

; The IP addresses below are reserved for networks
; not connected to the InterNet. They are not routable by
; most publicly accessible backbones and are here as an
; example only.

;navy.coffee.com.  IN  A  192.168.0.3

; some useful puns that cannot be CNAMEs because
; they are referenced by MX records, below

;mail1.coffee.com. IN  A  192.168.0.1
;mail2.coffee.com. IN  A  192.168.0.2

; an address for the zone itself

sincorp.com.       IN  A  63.173.74.171

; Aliases
; These create a nickname or alias for another name known
; to the DNS, the canonical name, hence CNAME. No other
; records may exist with a name the same as this alias.

; 'Java' is an alias for the canonical name, 'Navy.'
;java.coffee.com.  IN  CNAME  navy.coffee.com.

www.sincorp.com. IN  CNAME  sincorp.com.
ftp.sincorp.com. IN  CNAME  sincorp.com.
mail.sincorp.com. IN  CNAME  sincorp.com.
test.sincorp.com. IN  CNAME  sincorp.com.

; MX records

; These direct mail delivery agents, like sendmail,
; at hosts which have agreed to accept email for us.

; This assumes that we've arranged with tea.com and
; uu.net to provide this email service for us in
; advance for coffee.com.

; The token 'EXTREF' directs nslint to allow external references.
; The token 'GLOBALOK' directs nslint to allow global records.

; MX records for a host to be treated specially
;navy.coffee.com.  IN  MX  10  mail1.tea.com.   ; EXTREF
;navy.coffee.com.  IN  MX  20  mail2.tea.com.   ; EXTREF
;navy.coffee.com.  IN  MX  100 mail.uu.net. ; EXTREF

; global MX records for unspecified members of the zone
;*.coffee.com.     IN  MX  10  mail1.coffee.com.    ; GLOBALOK
;*.coffee.com.     IN  MX  20  mail2.coffee.com.    ; GLOBALOK
;*.coffee.com.     IN  MX  100 mail.uu.net. ; EXTREF GLOBALOK

; MX records for email addressed to the zone itself