Mail source

Ron Bramblett bramblett at fullerbrush.com
Mon May 15 17:18:44 UTC 2000

Hello,
I am not sure if this is a Bind question or a PPP question.
I am running RedHat Linux 6.2 on a server with Masquerading,  and
DNS installed. This server acts as a Mail server and a relay server.  I
am running BIND 8.2.2.

Currently, we have a direct dial connection to our ISP through a modem.
We have installed a T-1 router already and since it has been installed,
I would like to use it instead of the modem. It is so much faster.

My question comes when I do some testing of the T-1. When I change the
default route from the PPP connector to the T-1 my users complain about
not getting any mail. I am subscribed to many users lists and I don't
get mail either. Currently my mail comes from my ISP. Is there a way to
get my mail without going to through the modem (PPP) or what? I thought
this was a bind / DNS server Question but not completely sure.

--
Ron Bramblett                   Be Nice to nerds you might work for one.
Systems Administrator           from recent readers digest