Prob delegation .com.au domains

James Raftery james-bind-users at banba.ucd.ie
Thu May 4 17:16:55 UTC 2000

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 02:32:59PM +1000, Nick wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I didnt realize this , I have made the delegation changes now
> I'll wait for the whois to update before trying again.
>
> This has been a prob for me  all the .com  and .net domains work  i can
> delegate them and no probs  but .com.au  is a bugger.

The COM and NET naming authority don't bother checking that the
delegations they are making are correct. It doesn't make them any money.
Some of the less profit-minded registries do check, and it's "the right
thing to do" (tm) IMHO.

> Hopefully ill get the zone files right sooner or later

If you tell the .COM.AU registry to delegate to a pair of nameservers,
the NS records in your zone file should match.

Regards,

james (Speaking for me, not my employer)
--
James Raftery (JBR54)  -  Programmer Hostmaster  -  IE TLD Hostmaster
   IE Domain Registry  -  www.domainregistry.ie  -  (+353 1) 706 2375