Root servers

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Thu May 4 07:39:33 UTC 2000

I teach a data communications and networking couse at
a local college and I've been teaching my students
about NDS. Some are asking questions about the root
servers. They want to know what kind of hardware,
how much memory, how many machines, etc.

I know about f.root-servers.net thanks to the the ISC
web page. Is there a way to find out about some of the
others - like a.root-servers.net?

They also asked if a.root-servers.net is the master for
the other 12 root servers and how long does it take to
update all 12 once the master sends its notify to the
slaves.

Ed Sawicki