DNS for several different organisations

Harri harri.enlund at tietoenator.com
Wed Mar 22 12:49:49 UTC 2000

> Newer versions of BIND do more syntax checking of zone files.  You
probably
> have stuff in there that the old versions allowed but isn't allowed any
> more.  You should fix the zone file problems, not stick with the ancient
> version.
>
> Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com
> GTE Internetworking, Powered by BBN, Burlington, MA
> *** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to
newsgroups.
> Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to the
group.

Can you give me a hint what I should be looking for when fixing zone file
problems between primary and secondary?

Could it be SOA-information in configuration of subdomain nameservers?
Secondary information of subdomains is pretty simple in my primary
DNS-server at the moment, here is an example.

secondary       subdomain                            1.2.3.4
secondary/db.subdomain
secondary       0.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa               1.2.3.4
secondary/rev-1.2.3.0
secondary       0.6.5.4.in-addr.arpa               1.2.3.4
secondary/rev-4.5.6.0

Thank you a lot for your help,

Harri