Recipient email servers looking for source domain entry??

Jim Picerno jpicerno at speakeasy.org
Mon Mar 6 03:55:09 UTC 2000

I'm using Exchange 5.5 and I'm gettng the error messages I've listed below.
Are these errors referring to a specific DNS entry or is it some other
problem with DNS. If there is a specific DNS entry could someone provide an
example?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIMC
Event Category: SMTP Interface Events
Event ID: 4030
The following message could not be delivered to <Jane_Doe at Destination.com>
Delivery will be retried later. The  destination server reported: 450
<John_Doe at Source.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found From:
<John_Doe at Source.com> Subject: ABC123

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIMC
Event Category: SMTP Interface Events
Event ID: 4090