GetHostInfoByAddrEx() failed

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Wed Mar 1 17:27:38 UTC 2000

I'm helping a fella move from MS DNS to BIND 8 / NT.   Both of his MS
nameservers give this problem when using NetScan tools 3.1:

"Setting up resolver with this name server.GetHostInfoByAddrEx() failed to
get server name."

So we switched his slave ns to BIND 8.2.2p5, it works fine, but still get
the same failure above.

His ns ip's are:  198.78.145.3 and 198.78.145.2

dig @either ip appears to work just fine, as do the usual A and MX
lookups.  So it's not a catastrophe, but I've never seen NetScan fail this
way and we'd like to verify his ns operations fully.

Thanks,
Len