Registration regulations

Matthew Thompson matthewt at fairplay.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 09:33:08 UTC 2000

If you want a .jo domain your best starting point will be the .jo Nic. Iana
keep a list of the domains and Nics (www.iana.org/cctld.html) For .jo it
points to http://www.nic.gov.jo/dns

All the country TLDs are operated differently - so while you might be able
to have amjad.cc you definately could not have amjda.uk as the .uk namespace
is split into predefined second levels (.co.uk, .org.uk, .ac.uk, .ltd.uk,
.plc.uk, .gov.uk, .police.uk, .net.uk and possibly a couple more I cant
remember)

Hope this helps,