Non-authoritative answer - should be authoritative

Jeremy Andrews jandrews at techcontrol.comNOSPAM
Sun Mar 26 18:45:53 UTC 2000

Hello,
  It seems that my primary nameserver is only giving me "non-authoritative
answer's".  Why would this be?  I've double checked things with the O'Reilly
TCP/IP Network Administration (crab) book - things look to be set up
correctly.  All the necessary files exist and appear properly formatted.  My
primary server is running on Redhat Linux 6.1.

  Here is snapshot that illustrates my problem:

-------------

[root at noc /root]# nslookup
Default Server:  noc.techcontrol.com
Address:  207.94.33.111

> set type=NS
> techcontrol.com
Server:  noc.techcontrol.com
Address:  207.94.33.111

Non-authoritative answer:
techcontrol.comnameserver = noc.techcontrol.com

noc.techcontrol.cominternet address = 207.94.33.111
> server noc.techcontrol.com
Address:  207.94.33.111

> set type=any
> noc
Server:  noc.techcontrol.com
Address:  207.94.33.111

Non-authoritative answer:
noc.techcontrol.com     internet address = 207.94.33.111

---------

  Any ideas that could get me looking in the right direction would be most
helpful.  Thanks!

-Jeremy
UNIX System Admin
Technology Control Services
mailto:jandrews at techcontrolNOSPAM.com
(Yes, remove NOSPAM from the address)