specifying a port number?

Ryan Faricy root at faricy.net
Sat Jun 24 04:25:12 UTC 2000

No. The port will be determined by the application itself, not DNS. webmail
will just be another normal subdomain, but the application, such as Apache,
that handles HTTP requests to port [whatever you choose] of
webmail.server.domain.com can be configured to listen to other ports and
handle virtual hosts such as webmail.server.domain.com, and serve up
completely different documents (such as those of a web-based email
application).

news:3.0.6.32.20000623115020.007dfb70 at server.deanox.com...