Getting DNS Statistics (Query in / Query Out, Errors and others)

Marcelo Bartsch mbartsch_ at _psi_dot_cl.vix.com
Fri Jun 23 20:49:03 UTC 2000

Hello!
	Does anyonw knows how could i parse the named.stat file to obtain
the numbers of queries my dns is receiving, how many is sending out,
how much are being forwarded, how many errors and this type of information?

i had made a small script wich read the records for RR, RNXD, RFwdR and
such, but i could't find a good documentation on what they
mean, besides the source code comments, wich is still no really clear for me.

Regards!
Marcelo Bartsch R.
mbartsch_at_psi_dot_cl
PSINet Chile S.A.