New User - on my own and caught a snag..

Mark R. Nathan bind at nathan.net
Fri Jun 23 17:10:40 UTC 2000

I have parsed over every post here or in the BIND listserve library
to come up with an answer.  What I do know is that a port issue may
be at fault but since I turned off NAT and IPFILTER I cant see what
could be blocking port 53.  I am now 'officially' at a loss.
(actually was officially at a loss before I started in BSD UNIX but
dont tell anyone yet ;)

Below are the list of log errors:

Err/TO getting serial# for "dns1.xxx.xxx"   <--- port 53 error in bootlog

# every 5 minutes I get this spit out at me

[xxx.xxx.xx.x] not authoritative for dns1.XXX.net for XXX.XXX.XX.X,
SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 0, aucount 2

# I also get this when I reboot in the log:

/etc/name.conf:36: cannot redefine zone 'dns1.xxx.net' class IN

dns1 syslog; exiting on signal 15

I have taken to installing lsof but getting that to compile correctly
for me newbie is another story. that is:

(cd lib; make DEBUG="-0" CFGF="DNETBSDV"=1040
-DN_UNIXV=/netbsd-DLSOF_VSTR=\"1.4.2"")

cc - DNETBSDV=1040 -DN_UNIXV=/netbsd-DLSOF_VSTR="1.4.2"  -0 ckkv.c
cc: not found
***Error code 127

Stop

OS: NetBSD 1.4.2 (Generic)
lifestyle: live dangerously in UNIX land

TIA

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president at miraboomusic.com
    President                                  mailto:mark at nathan.net