Strange thing in Bind8

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Jun 22 23:11:26 UTC 2000

In article <001d01bfdc86$fd0b0730$42d417c3 at quor1>,
Nuno Teixeira <nuno.teixeira at pt-quorum.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>No, the name "softfiles" was never defined in my server. I have about 300
>subdomains related to 36 domains pointed to my server and it never happens.
>This is a problem very difficult to explain to other people because is
>strange. I'm not a GURU working with Linux, but I got some experience and
>this never happens.

The only other guess I have is that you made a typo.

Like I said, without being able to see this happen, it's almost impossible
to guess what happened.  Did you try dumping the nameserver's cache with
"ndc dumpdb"?

>Note: The PING tests where made from inside the server!!! How can a thing
>like this happens?

I don't see that the location of the ping test matters.  Everyone queries
the same server.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA