Secondary NS setup q?

Network Admin [JPeterson] jay at qtm.net
Thu Jun 22 18:25:16 UTC 2000

Okay, this may have been covered already but I'm just dense.. I have
searched the archives but can't find anything that quite matches our desired
configuration
We have two unix boxes (FreeBSD) NS1 and NS2 - our primary admin shells are
on NS1, we are an ISP and we host several hundred domains and add more on a
daily, sometimes hourly basis. When we add a customer domain we add their
entry to /etc/namedb/named.conf and put a file in /etc/namedb/db.domain-name
then we telnet to NS2 and add the slave directive for the domain to
/etc/namedb/named.conf and do an ndc reload on both boxes.  Is there a
better (fewer steps) way to accomplish this? i.e. some way to have NS2 grab
new info from NS1's named.conf file without having us telnet over and do it
by hand?

Thanks =)