Is GRANITECANYON.COM Down (for the Count)?

Bill Polhemus bpolhem at swbell.net
Mon Jun 19 20:13:08 UTC 2000

I have been using granitecanyon.com for both primary and secondary DNS.

I noticed that my SOA update made about a week ago apparently never loaded. Now, I note that I can't even log onto their website.

I know they mentioned that they might someday "unplug" if they can't keep it running on no fees; have they discontinued their
service?

In that case, how would I get my DNS "back" from them? How about redelegation (is that ALWAYS done by the ISP, or once delegated to
you have to go to the delegated party and get the IPs back?)