Bind8 and W2k active directory

Eric A. Hall ehall at ehsco.com
Mon Jun 19 17:00:57 UTC 2000

> Then I try to install the active directory the setup ask me for the
> domian - test.de.
> Then the setup comes up with a messages like - can't get a connection
> to the dns for the name "test.de"; can not solve if the dynamic
> actualizaion is active. And then finally he force me to install W2K
> his own DNS.

When you specify a domain it will try to locate and use that domain, so
it is trying to contact the de. domain servers and find the primary
server listed in the SOA record for the test.de. domain so that it can
add the Active Directory records that are needed. You should use a real
domain, or a subdomain of a real domain (like win2k.netnotix.com. or
something similar).

--
Eric A. Hall                                      http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols        http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/