Bind8 and W2k active directory

Heiko Teichmann heiko.teichmann at netnotix.com
Mon Jun 19 12:10:33 UTC 2000

hi,

I am running Bind 8.1.2 on one of my linux machines. Now I am trying to
install a W2K server that brings the active directory with it.

I set up the W2K server with the primary DNS as the linux (bind -
dynamic update allowed).
The resolution of names via nslookup seems to be ok.

Then I try to install the active directory the setup ask me for the
domian - test.de.
Then the setup comes up with a messages like - can't get a connection to
the dns for the name "test.de"; can not solve if the dynamic
actualizaion is active. And then finally he force me to install W2K his
own DNS.

Any idea ? - is it, how ever, possible to use his own dns for W2K active
directory?

Thanks for any response

cu Heiko