IP TTL plague (Internet diameter again)

David LaPorte david_laporte at harvard.edu
Fri Jun 16 16:00:09 UTC 2000

I posted a few months ago regarding the problem with Tru64 as well.  Check
out http://www.switch.ch/docs/ttl_default.html for a list of default UDP and
TDP TTLs on most operating systems (AIX and Tru64 have the lowest at 30).
In our case, we were able to tune the kernel and were back in operation...

Dave LaPorte