Can someone tell how a ping packet exactly works

Saqib Mustafa 01020103 at ravi.lums.edu.pk
Fri Jun 16 13:28:21 UTC 2000

OK!! I am doing some testing on my system, and I want to know how exactly
a ping packet works. The Ping request first sends a DNS request to the
host and then sends the Ping request to the remote machine. If I want to
make a reply to the ping packet how can I make it. What will be the
entries that will go in?

Saqib Mustafa

This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this space
has nothing but text explaining why this space would otherwise have been
left blank, and would otherwise have been left blank.