How-To setup a secondary NT domain naming server

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Wed Jun 14 07:03:37 UTC 2000

"Scott.Wiseman" wrote:

> *** can't find server name for address 216.184.208.171: timed out
> default server: unknown
> address : 216.184.208.171
>
> Question:
> so what is fix to this problem

Reverse DNS needs to be set up properly.

Find out to whom reverse authority for that address is delegated (I'd look
it up for you, but I'm off-line at the moment). If you have it, fine; if
your ISP has it, either tell them your host name and ask them to add it to
the zone file, or have them delegate authority to you.

If and when authority gets delegated to you, you can configure your server
to provide reverse DNS for your address or network, and the world -
including your resolver - will find it.

Thor

--
Plain old email is very insecure. Please make it
a little safer for yourself and me by using PGP.