also-notify - how long should it take?

icculus4128 at my-deja.com icculus4128 at my-deja.com
Fri Jun 9 23:21:22 UTC 2000

No, this doesn't appear to be the case. The next morning, the data had
been tranferred to the seondary server.

So the notify does seem to work, I think the question is how long the
update should take?

I was under the impression (again, based on the limited documentation
I've been able to find - the latest O'Reilly BIND book predates the
also-notify feature apparently - can anyone recommend something more
verbose than the README file?) that the xfer should be triggered
immediately - otherwise what's the point?

Is it based on TTL or EXPIRE or some such value in the SOA?

thanks!

johnS