Ingo T. Storm it at computerbild.de
Tue Jun 6 17:29:25 UTC 2000

>I'm looking for a script that will test if bind is working, and if
not
>restart Bind 8 for NT.

the script:

net start "ISC named"  (or whatever the service name is)
if errorlevel==1 goto the_end
REM had to restart
blat bind_restarted.txt -t admin at YOURDOMAIN.COM -s "Bind had to be
restarted"
:the_end

Then schedule this with "AT" for every day, week, month or whatever
suits you.

If you want the notification, you'll need to grab and install blat, a
command line mail utility. The create the message file (called
bind_restarted.txt in my case) and put in whatever warning/message you
like.

Cheers,
Ingo