Secondary with Granitecanyon

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Jun 4 17:24:10 UTC 2000

I'm planning on running a primary master, and use Granitecanyon as a
secondary.

The curious thing is that Network Solutions wants me to specify two name
servers for my domain.  Ok, one would expect before submitting a DNS change
to Network Solutions (and on to the root servers) that the name servers
should be up and running, right?

Well, to create a secondary at Granitecanyon you tell them what your
primary is, and then they do a zone transfer.  But since I don't have a
secondary yet I can't update my record at Network Solutions, and that means
Granitecanyon can't lookup my name server to do a zone transfer.

I'm missing some thing here, as this seems like a chicken and egg problem.
What step am I missing?

Sorry if this is off topic, but Granitecanyon's news server is down, and
most questions on Deja pointed to this list.

Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley at hank.org