NEWBIE DNS QUESTION

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jun 2 20:35:19 UTC 2000

In article <NDBBLJLHOEDCNECPOJOAKEJHCKAA.rj-balah at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca>,
Robert Balahura <rj-balah at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>Hi Barry,
>
>Thanks, the granitecanyon is not yet reloaded.  But I was wondering what
>files using linux/apache to alter for the virtual host.  Is it just
>http.conf that checks for the HOST: request-header and then redirects
>requests to a particular directory?

Sounds about right, although I have absolutely no experience configuring
Apache.  This is the BIND newsgroup; if you want to find experts in
configuring Apache, go to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.

You could also try reading the Apache documentation.  I've never seen it
myself, but I'll bet if you search it for "virtual host" or "virtual
server" you'll find an explanation of what needs to be done.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA