No default TTL

Bob Bob at user.com
Thu Jun 1 02:47:24 UTC 2000

Here is my interpretation of how this works,

Each entry within a zone file can actually have it's own TTL so the entire
record does not have to conform to a single set TTL.

The syntax for doing this is as follows (if memory serves me correctly)
<host>        <TTL>    IN    A    x.x.x.x

As you have constructed a zone file without a TTL per entry, when named
parses the zone file it will see that no TTL has been applied to the
individual entries and will then apply the SOA minimum instead.

Make sense ? I hope,

My recomendation would be to create a bogus zone file on your name server
following the above syntax and see if the same error (?) re-creates itself.

Cheers