nslookup fails on secondary DNS

Mathias Körber mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
Sun Jul 30 07:02:33 UTC 2000

That error is from nslookup. It tried to reverse resolve
the nameserver it is to query (from /etc/resolv.conf if you don't
specify another on the commandline or per 'server' command) and
cannot find the entry.

If your resolv.conf points to your own nameserver (212.76.68.201 ?)
it means that that nameserver is not authoritative for its
own reverse entry, but also cannot return a referral for=20
it. Most likely it is set up to be authoritative for the
reverse domain 68.76.212.in-addr.arpa (or a subdomain of that
if you own an IP block with a prefix > 24, see RFC2317),
but that the PTR record for your secondary NS has not been configures
properly.