strange error when receiving NOTIFY

Rob Egan rob at artistdirect.com
Thu Jul 20 19:38:20 UTC 2000

Hi,

I get the following error on my secondary nameserver anytime I restart named
on my primary nameserver:

Jul 20 10:59:03 localhost named[30040]: rcvd NOTIFY for "mydomain.com", name
not one of our zones

The domain I'm referring to (I obscured the real name to keep my boss off of
my back) is registered with NSI with the primary and secondary nameservers
set to the two I'm referring to, and both the primary and secondary
definitely have correct configurations in their respective named.conf files.
Any clues why this error is generated? Thanks!

-Rob