primary&secondary

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Jul 14 19:00:49 UTC 2000

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 02:50:30PM -0400, Mark E. Drummond wrote:
> We are viewing this from differant locations. I am refering to clients
> on the local net. You are thinking of the outside world ...

You're right, of course.  I realized this when you clarified your
statements in later postings.

Thanks.

Of course, if you DON'T have a separate peer server, then you aren't
even going to have that much "redundancy".  For what it's worth.  Many
systems seem to be able to tolerate the delay in trying to attach, and
to get the info from the next server.  Like, no.  Tolerate, yes.  Until
someone can come up with a non-server at the IP of the dead machine, so
that attempts to connect to the [unused] name server port are instantly
rejected.  ;-)

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B