Firewalling DNS

Thomas Endo tendo at stamps.com
Tue Jul 11 17:08:02 UTC 2000

Jody,

Generally, what you will need to do is set up the SOA of each zone to name
one of the DNSs on the ISP as primary, and get a second ISP machine as a
secondary where you can transfer updates to.

In this case, it is likely allowed as all you would need to do is configure
the NS records in each zone to omit your machine.

The other DNSs that delegates to you will not name your machine, and so you
can avoid getting general traffic to your machine.

Tom