Compiling and install BIND 8.2.2

Lynn Zhang lyzhang at umich.edu
Fri Jan 28 19:24:50 UTC 2000

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your time and help. So far I got named runing now,
nslookup looks fine. But I do not have the newest "man" page for this new
named.

In src/port/solaris/Makefile.set,

'CC=gcc'
'CDEBUG=-g -O2'
'DESTDIR=/newdns'
'DESTBIN=/usr/local/bin'
'DESTSBIN=/usr/local/sbin'
'DESTEXEC=/usr/local/sbin'
'DESTMAN=/usr/local/share/man'
'DESTHELP=/usr/local/lib'
'DESTETC=/usr/private/etc'
'DESTRUN=/usr/local/etc'
'LDS=:'
'AR=/usr/ccs/bin/ar cru'
'LEX=/usr/ccs/bin/lex'
'YACC=/usr/ccs/bin/yacc -d'
'SYSLIBS=-ll -lnsl -lsocket'
'INSTALL=/usr/ucb/install'
'MANDIR=man'
'MANROFF=man'
'CATEXT=$$N'
'PS=ps -p'
'RANLIB=/usr/ccs/bin/ranlib'

According to this file, I think the new "man" page should be installed in
/newdns/usr/local/share/man, my problem is I even do not have share dir.
Is there anything I did wrong so I do not have the newest "man" page?
When I type "man named", I still got the old infor.

I have the new named in /newdns/usr/local/sbin/named

Lots of thanks!

Lynn Zhang