ISP mapped DNS to wrong IP!!! Need help fast. :(

Danny Newberry danny.newberry at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 19 15:03:50 UTC 2000

Hi there.

If this is not the appropriate newsgroup for this I apologize. It seems to
be the best I can find though.

Here's my problem. I rented a static IP and dedicated ISDN connection from
an ISP. They gave me the IP 216.162.109.49. But when he did the "reverse
dns", or whatever he had to do to map our domain name to that IP, he mapped
us to 216.162.98.9. It took me forever (2 days) and a lot of "strong" talk
to get him to double check everything and low and behold, the screw up was
found. He fixed everything on the spot, at about 6pm CST, but the 'net still
looks for our domain at the wrong IP as of 9am CST (1/18 and 1/19
respectively, using att.net nameservers and icon-stl.net name servers).

How long will it take for this to straighten itself out? WILL it straighten
itself out? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

The company I'm working for is gettin' pretty pissed off here. I need some
HELP!!!

:)

TIA

Danny Newberry