going from 1999.. serial to 2000.. in SOA

Robert Chalmers robert at chalmers.com.au
Tue Jan 18 05:52:37 UTC 2000

Funny you should mention that. It happened to me the other day. I was
updating the named files, and I had to change the serial of course in the
file. It complained about the serial being invalid?

However, I went back in, had a look - fixed a missing "." at the end of a
line - which it hadn't complained about - put in a new serial with the
'date' command shell I use, and it started ok.
The error the first time was actually the missin period, but it told me the
serial was at fault!!!

all started well as I say once i fixed the dot. ????? figure?

bob