[Fwd: newbie nameserver]

rkloots rkloots at csf.nl
Mon Jan 17 23:59:28 UTC 2000

wwebb at adni.net wrote:

> > could anyone help?   I can't figure out what's wrong with my
> >primary nameserver ns.csf.nl.  Which is hosted On a Solaris2.6
>
> You have lots of work to do !  Here is a confidential list of errors
> with your records:

So it seems ;-)

> o Zone data on the server "ns.nl.net." is different from that on the
> primary server The zone on the secondary server "ns.nl.net." has
> the same serial number as the zone on the server "ns.csf.nl." but
> the zone data is different.

So now I believe to have corrected this, how does 'zone-transfer' work?
I mean how can one force the secondary nameserver to take up the change
without having to wait for the regular refresh interval in db.csf.nl -
bearing in
mind that I don't have control over this secondary?

--
| CSF                                                               |
| Ligusterbes 13  | Tel: +31(0)71 5220633 | email: rkloots at csf.nl   |