Pointer to docs for 4.9 -- > 8.2 Upgrade??

Thomas Briglia Tom.Briglia at Corp.Sun.COM
Thu Jan 6 20:52:12 UTC 2000

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade some servers from 4.9 to 8.2. The BOG says to use
"named-bootconf", a shell script to convert my files. So far neither the BOG,
nor any other docs really state *how* to use this shell script, nor does the
script offer any kind of help with a "-help, -h, or ? " option.

Does anyone know of a "cookbook" style doc on how to upgrade all your files to
the new format?

Please cc me on reply for I am not yet on the bind-users list.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Thomas D. Briglia
SunIR Network Security Group - NSG  (formerly STE)